Friday 26 June 2009

A new movement emerging

Had breakfast with Tuân Anh, the director of Làng Tôi. My choreographer friend Loc could not come to Paris for the silly reason that they secured a French visa for all the members of the company but him. He must be quite frustrated.
We shared breakfast with the musical director, a jovial half French-half Vietnamese bearded man who could fool you into thinking that he is from Normandie until he starts talking perfect Vietnamese.
I learned about the origins of the show. I was pleasantly surprised that the creative team was chiefly composed of Vietnamese living abroad. Their idea with this show is to gather Vietnamese artists that are running wild on their own and channel them in creative projects to take place in Vietnam.
This gives me faith in the birth of a genuine cultural life in my country. I’m looking forward to it and will be glad to participate.


No comments:

Post a Comment