Tuesday 5 July 2011

By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea...

ChingYao and I visited Pinga at the hospital.
It was a shock to see her like that, when only three months before, she was at my place, gayly sipping tea and eating cake with ChingYao and Nicolas.
Her belly had swollen to the point that one could have thought that she was pregnant. How ironic... she was dying.
Her sister was there, cheerful and lively. She tried to give a light atmosphere to the room. Pinga was happy to see us, but I could also see in her eyes that it was painful for her to be seen in such state, her eyes were almost pleading us to go.

For a change of mind, ChingYao then drove us to the Danshui district, on the Northern part of Taipei.  
By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea... 
I hadn't seen any beach for a long time. It seems my life was more connected to cities, the past years.
The sea. It was a day week, so there wasn't many people.
Next time I'll bring my swimming suit.
I thought, hoped to have Pinga with us next time.
If only...


ChingYao walking on the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment