Monday 3 February 2020

After Sundance

The Sundance Festival is now over. Thanks to my friend and fellow composer Goh Nakamura, I had bits of news about how the film was received, how our work sounded and what went on. Don't count on Bao to keep us posted...
I'm very happy I got to know and befriend Goh-san, even if we collaborated the distance. Sadly, the music we composed together didn't make the final cut, but it was very good stuff. Maybe one day it will make it to some other project... 
I have no idea what will happen with Be Water from now on. I hope a lots of people will see it and discover the man, generally lesser known aspects of the legend that he was - it's always shocking to me how people fundamentally lack curiosity and happily make do with very superficial bits of information or no information at all.
Bruce Lee's fight to keep his integrity, his struggles to be seen beyond people's narrow and discriminatory eyes are still very much issues we Asians have to face.
 
"Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own"


No comments:

Post a Comment