Thursday 9 April 2020

Even though our body isn't moving and our lives are on stand-still, our mind and creativity are constantly in motion. Today, during a little video chat, my dear friend Bévinda sang me the melody of a new song she has written for my album Personal Fictions. We started thinking about it a few weeks ago, when I came to her flat and shared ideas about a possible song together. She took notes, then told me a few days later that she had decided to follow another direction. The next text is simple but very poetic. A love song... I don't have too many of those, so why not...
"The first image that came to me was when I saw the umbrella you forgot at my place", she told me.

 

A song about William... (for William?) in French and Portuguese. Can't wait to start working on the music. I'm already starting to hear some rhythms and sounds...





No comments:

Post a Comment