Wednesday 1 February 2012

Linchpin Lover: done!

Linchpin Lover is done! It was quite a challenge to put together this song which, as Stéphane said, is "a song in evolution as the song goes"!
Nicolas said Linchpin Lover it was a good move forward for me. More direct and more outgoing. I posted it on Facebook to see people's reactions and so far, my friends in Europe and the US seem to be more receptive to that musical style...
I have new ideas for songs in my head. Just started a new one, They lie: this time, no intricate orchestration, it's going to be very bare, just a rough mid-tempo beat, a piano playing the bass in the lower register and the voice. But...
I was at the gym doing my work out and I felt the impulse to add short sections of baroque music between each verse/chorus. I don't know how that opposition will sound like but the idea doesn't leave me anymore...
Listen to:

No comments:

Post a Comment