Thursday 5 September 2013

Death of a bee

A bee flew into my room by the open window. I tried to shoo it away, but it wouldn't leave. It instead scuttled on my bed and would stop for a moment in sunny spots then scuttle around again. I found it odd, because I rarely saw bee do that. "Maybe it is tired" I thought. I observed it for a little while. It fell from the bed to the floor. It seemed lost, weakly looking for something. 
The thought crossed my mind that it may be dying. When I see bees at work, they usually send out this strong and active vibe as they're flying from one flower to another. This one was like the shadow of itself. I left it alone and resumed my work. 
Ten minutes or so later I had another look at the bee. It was on the tatami, dead, curled into a little ball. The bee was searching for a place to die...

No comments:

Post a Comment