Wednesday 22 December 2004

And the song goes on

I haven’t heard from Bibbe for the past two weeks. I know she’s back in LA for a few concerts. She said eventually didn’t appear in that zombie movie she was telling me about.

Rémi has played the mixes he did on Love and Long, and Hôm Qua. Just brilliant. I’m happy to see how the songs slowly find their place one by one in the big picture. The long process is such a learning experience for me. Of course I do lose patience, but I’m really glad it’s taking so much time. I’m discovering more and more every day.

Karen has shown me the lyrics she intended for me, currently titled Song for X. If I wasn’t so sure about the draft she previously wrote, the new way she approached the theme suits me better. Certainly more writing sessions will be required, I think we have a good song in our hands! Great, touching, moving and compelling. I don’t know how aware Karen is of her talent as a lyricist.
I’ve brought along the sheet of paper on which she’s scribbled the draft and will start sketching it musically. I already 'hear' the song in my head. Simple arrangement with merely a guitar and a piano backed by some rough beats in 7/8.
That could be a nice last minute addition to Circlesongs.

My father’s website is officially launched. I sent hundreds of e-mails to spread the word. Only the scrapbook section remains to be done, if ever we maneg to finish it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment