Tuesday 6 April 2004

Tonbandtest: what comes next


I’m like a sick dog today. It’s been on for three days already. Somebody advised me to drink pure lemon juice. Just the thought of it made me jump to the ceiling.

I’m seeing Mario, at last, today. We’re going to discuss the how’s and when’s for my album. I don’t know whether we’ll have time to manage anything before I come back to Paris, but I can’t wait to get it started.

Being selected for the Tonbandtest brought me lots of joy. I delivered the requested twenty cds last Friday and had a chance to talk to the organizers. It appears that being selected might be comforting for my ego, but that’s just the first step of a long staircase. The competition is running until September. The real winner will be the one who’s got the most reviews (praise) written about his music. Journalists will start writing reviews on my demo soon. I’m very curious to see what will come out of it. Already, somebody was mentioning David Sylvian. (It’s not the first time…) I guess comparisons will never stop, since people always need labels and marks in order to know where they are.
We will see in the coming weeks…

No comments:

Post a Comment