Monday 17 June 2013

Happy family

A small beagle dog, an old spacious Southern-style French house with a courtyard in full bloom and a small pond. I do not quite recall what was happening exactly. The dog belonged to a friend and found its way into the house and decided to stay. I was happy to have a new companion  I remember I was a chasing a big cockroach out of the house with the dog. So I was obviously in Taipei. The next morning, the dog was nowhere to be found, so I started searching for it. As I was walking outside on the street, I suddenly bumped into my two parents! They were sitting on in the shadow of a big tree, smiling radiantly. 
"But... I was just talking to you the other day!!!" I told my father. I did indeed call him to wish him a happy Father's Day last Sunday. He had given a big laugh because he didn't even remember it himself. We talked for a little while. He enquired about the state of my work. 
"Money is very tight at the moment. I thought I would receive more royalty in April, but the amount was ridiculous! I hope it will be better in April..."
And now they were there. My mother looked fine. She was so happy to be in Taipei. Finally, after all these years talking about visiting me and how she had read all the novels by Qiong Yao. I couldn't believe it! My brother soon appeared into view. He seemed to enjoy the surprise.
I led them into my house. As I opened the door, I saw the dog. I took it in my arms.
"What would I tell your owner if you had really disappeared????" I scolded it affectionately.
"I'm the landlord!" the dog replied. 
My sister-in-law Mathilde emerged from one of the rooms, beaming. At this stage nothing surprised me anymore. I was reunited with my family in Taipei! I couldn't be happier.

It was my happiest dream in ages.   

No comments:

Post a Comment