Saturday 7 June 2008

Conversation with Xiao


Xiao:
Bonjour rabbit
The rain has stopped and air is so fresh.....I hope you had a good sleep and are well prepared for today
Aaken:
yes, Thanks
A very good sleep, and I have been working already, coaching a singer for one song - I mean, a dancer, not a singer - so that's why he needed some coaching
How are you?
Xiao:
hahhahahhah....Interesting
I had a nice sleep... but my brother's doggie disturbed it, so I have to get up earlier
Aaken:
Oh....
Xiao:
However... However.... it's still a good time for me
Aaken:
Good, then, you sound lighthearted
Xiao:
Just had lunch... mum cooked for us......
Aaken:
It's good to hear that.
It's infectious
Xiao:
Then i'll try to be even more delightful
Now  they're listening to your songs....
Aaken:
Who? They? What, when, whom, where ?
Xiao:
I forwarded your hello to them. Now you see? 
My family lah!!!
Aaken:
Yes, I see…
That's more than a hello!
Xiao:
Seems you added some new pieces of your work on myspace
Aaken:
Did I?
Aaken:
It's been a long time already
I added some of my stage works
Xiao:
Huh....You're more brilliant than I ever thought, hahahh
Aaken:
The remix of Radiohead and some songs I wrote for other singers
Xiao:
Coz I heard some different styles of work.... Yes, by some french singers
Aaken:
Yes. That was a long time ago. The songs were written around 1996-97!!!
Xiao:
Coooooooooooool.........stunning
Aaken:
Then some song covers and a song for Portuguese singer, Bévinda
Xiao:
Obviously the characteristics of your songs then were quite different
Aaken:
Well, her style was different, I had to adapt.
Xiao:
Yes...I never listened Bévinda's music
Aaken:
I hadn't found my style back then, yet, so I was experimenting
Xiao:
yes....I found the trace of imitation from that period of your song
      … experimenting? Precisely.....
Aaken:
In the songs for Michèle Atlani?
Xiao:
Oh.let me check the name
Aaken:
But that's old stuff. I also did some covers of songs by famous artists
Then two remixes for this Japanese singer, Megumi Satsu.
Xiao:
’Ah oh, ah oui’
Aaken:
yes, and ‘Je m'aime’
Xiao:
yes yes
Aaken:
Horrible songs in their original versions
Xiao:
Old style
I think I have a golden ear, even if I don't know the specific history
Aaken:
 Actually, those remixes were done this winter, but her songs were recorded in the 80's, so I had to find a bridge between then and now. And I must say I wasn't much inspired by the songs themselves. So I fooled around.
Xiao:
mmmm.....But you know I have very strong preference to some music.....and maybe never even give a try to other styles.
So.....there're many good or famous or well known ones yet to find
Fool around????oh....I like that!
I like this gaming spirit at work
Aaken:
Well if you go to her website, you can hear the originals. Then you'd understand
But I'm very happy about the Bévinda song
She's now a very good friend of mine
Xiao:
You said you had no friends
Aaken :
I haven't got many friends I can totally rely on. But I have many friends I love and with whom I share some good or less good times.
Xiao:
 I see
Aaken:
But as I wrote in my diary, quoting you, it's not a dreadful thing to recognize the reality of life.
Xiao:
Absolutely !
Today is a big day....
Today is the last day of my 33rd year...... It's so dramatic....
Many coincidences
Aaken:
Birthday tomorrow????
Xiao:
I think I need to write an essay or story about it
Yup....but I don't care about the birthday.
Aaken:
You're a tiger, that's why we get along well
Xiao:
Come on, that's nothing
Okay....it's something for u...
Actually i don't like tiger
Aaken:
Gna gna gna
Xiao dit :
I don't believe in that...but.....I do fight with the dragon... my father!
Aaken:
Ha ha!!! I do fight with dragons too. I happen to have had many dragons in my life and it never went well with them.
Xiao:
And I love my mum best, she's a dog.
Aaken:
…while I get along very well with tigers and horses...
It's just an observation
Xiao:
My brother...now we're best friends...he's a rabbit
But yesterday I was annoyed by his feeding a dog at home
Aaken:
Oh.... ?
A young puppy?
Xiao:
I don't know its name...maybe…  Sheneri, or something which sounds like that.
I like puppies.....but I don't think it's good to feed them at home
Aaken:
I have no idea about that. I never had any pet.
Xiao:
I like all kinds of animals...and even got addicted to study rare and precious animals......but I think to love and respect them most is to let them live in their own environment.
To take them as pets is a very selfish behaviour, because they need animal's attachment...however those animals are very lonely while masters leave for work
Aaken:
But dogs are no longer wild animals
Xiao:
So I think if he cannot fully take care of the puppy, better not have it
In fact I like that puppy, and she (a female one) lets me touch her immediately....( well....she didn't let my parents at first!)
Aaken:
Ha ha!!
Xiao:
It's strange, uh?
I saw her for the first time yesterday
My brother told me, she didn't like ladies....ahahahahh
Aaken:
Ha ha
Xiao:
The puppy is pretty smart....at least as smart as you are.....
I still think, it’s no good to have a puppy so close to the bed room.
Aaken:
I really don't know
Xiao:
Nevermind...I just say.
Tomorrow is National Holiday..... Remembering Qu Yuan, a great poet, thousands of years ago...
Aaken:
Dragon Boat festival
Xiao:
He committed suicide that day.....yes!
Aaken:
Oh....
Xiao:
It is so interesting.....someone dies, someone lives
Xiao:
That year, he died, and I was "born", hahahah!
Aaken:
Yes, he gives turn
Xiao:
I told Nick a strange dream I had.
Aaken:
I was picking up a weak and sleeping tiger from outside, and put it on my couch....when I was awake from the sleep, I started to worry that the tiger would wake up and and attack me.
I see.
...
I don't tell Nick anything anymore
It’s dangerous!
Xiao:
But I found myself unable to move away from my bed.....so I hid my eyes under the quilt so not to see what the tiger would do.
Aaken:
And what did the tiger do?
The tiger is you, isn't it?
Xiao:
You are SMART!!!
And the tiger got up and approaches me with its paw
I was very nervous
When it put its paw on my shoulder....I woke up from the dream
I just told him the dream and gave my own explanation
It was about 3 weeks ago.
While i told you people were changed after the earthquake
Aaken:
Nothing can harm you in your dream
Xiao dit :
So it comes as the revival of the self.
I think the tiger means the revival of self-conscience
Aaken:
 …or the birth of your self
Tiger are wild animals, they are alive
Xiao:
…even if I was afraid of him. He would still find me
Aaken:
Don't people say 'live like a tiger’?
You may be afraid, but the tiger is you and will only become part of you eventually
Xiao:
I think i was a sleeping tigher
Aaken:
Yes, you were
Xiao:
Now I found out all the consequences, they happened one by one.
All about revival
...
God... It's really too dramatic a year!
To tell you something funny....Nick can never harm me, it is me always "QUENCHING" him. Hahaha!!!
Coz I seldom buy in him
I have no superstition about him
Aaken:
Yes, I understandd that, I, quenching his thirst
Xiao:
Whenever I look at a direction with confidence, I must go there, regardless of his words.
Aaken:
He needs people who are weakened, so he feels his power
Xiao:
I think so
Aaken:
But if you are strong, he tries to destroy you, or just leaves you
That's the usual behaviour of people who wants power
Xiao:
Then let him be
Aaken:
I do
I try to forget about him. It's hard because I loved him so much
Xiao:
It's a better way to leave him now
He must learn to grow in a more lonely way
Aaken:
Whatever…
In that case, everything happens for a reason. It's sad that it had to go that way. But it's like an abusive relationship.
He always breaks up with his friends
Xiao:
He always likes to say: “I wanna help you change your life”.....but never have I really had his courtesy...never...impossible.....no way!!!
Aaken:
He needs that to see the damages and then see 'oh they actually love me'
His courtesy, what do you mean?
Xiao:
Which means  he wants to see me live better
His good intention...
Well... He thinks it’s good, at least.
I never felt I needed that.
I appreciate his friendship, but not his guidance
Aaken:
You know, I have this thing with people who want to do good: they find a sense of themselves in doing so.
It's not for the good; it's the effect of the good they do.
All these people volunteering with Mother Theresa and thinking they are becoming something good
But it has to come with yourself first
I won't believe in any good from Nicolas if he doesn't treat himself that way as well, no matter his gift.
Xiao:
Unfortunately Nick likes to play God's role in other people's life.
Aaken:
I know
God stays up.
I told him that many time
Xiao:
Thus I think he's still a child...a naive child
Aaken:
He doesn't live in a physical world.
He wants to remain in his little divine bubble
Xiao:
And now.....he stopped talking with me again
Aaken:
And the funny thing is that when he sends me his dreadful mails, all the things he says about me are more relevant about him than me.
He doesn't want to because you are not saying amen to all that he says
I don't like people who are tyrans to their friends
Xiao:
He wants to, but never found any opportunity from me.
I'm not like you. I don't have to be very kind and lovely.
Aaken:
I know.
I know
I KNOW!!!
Xiao:
So I just told him: "You shut up!"
Then he listened.
Aaken:
lol
But he can also shut you down
Xiao:
He needs a tyran too!!!
See?
He called me shaovalism
Xiao:
shauvalism
hhahahah
hmmmmm.....by so far....he never can
Well....anyway....I will still watch on him while you're separated.
I willl extricate him out of his stupid ideas about this body builders joke.
That's extremely funny and childish.
Maybe he didn't let you know about that...so I will shut up for now.
Aaken:
I know he likes body builders.
He told me!
He wants his boyfriend to like that
Xiao:
And many other ridiculous things
Aaken:
He wants the other to be according to his own ideals, But cannot accept someone to be different
And that's what he criticized in me
Xiao:
yup....
and unfortunately you're not as tolerant as me
Aaken:
yes, and “I'm so stingy, I never keep my promises, I am vain, I have a double personality, I'm superficial, I'm whimsical, I don't respect people, and I'm too much in my own bubble…”
The kind of things he tells me
And that's just 10% of it
Xiao:
Almost the same he pointed out about me.
oh....different!
He merely said i am chauvalism and live my own world too much
Aaken:
oh one more thing: I'm too pretentious, I have too high an idea about myself, I always get mad when he says something to me.
Xiao:
I can see, he's quite honest with himself... that's what he really thinks
Aaken:
oh yes, he says that he is honest to me, because he never wants to be one of those who never dares to tell the truth… the thing being that he only tell the truth when he's angry
Xiao:
What I cannot understand is....if you see a person that low.....how come you still are in touch with him?
Aaken:
Indeed, why should he even bother to be my friend
Of course, I'm far from this ideal of a boyfriend; he would NEVER want me as a boyfriend!
I feel relieved!
He only recognizes my musical talent. But “I have no intuition; my understanding of the world is aboslutely wrong”
Well, you see, each time he sends me those e-mails, it's filled with that
The crowning of it all that was when he predicted my own death by suicide.
That was slightly too much for me …
Xiao:
He claims I am the perfect boyfriend....Should I feel honored or feel bad?
Aaken:
It's up to you
I am not of your element, I'm afraid!
Xiao:
While he said that… I really didn’t know how to react.
Afraid of hurting his fragile nerve.
Aaken:
For me, he was - or thought he was in love with you
I understand
Anyway, I really wish him all the best
I care for him a lot
But he's poison to me
Xiao:
Maybe you can also learn to see in yourself through him
He can be a mirror
Like I mentioned just now....what is the better way to treat with that kind of friend.
Actually, how to deal with a childish man.
Well...let's forget that
Aaken:
Accept him as it is
Xiao:
If you do have things to do, do it
Aaken:
      I can do that when I'm dealing with the person in real life
But somehow, when it's written matters, I get all the unleashed vibes right on my face, and it's hard to keep my cool.
Xiao:
I wish you can steal some moments from hard word, even 5 minutes, to walk out and take some fresh air.
Aaken:
I will eventually…
Go to the gym!
lol
Or have sex in the sauna
Or chase the wild goose
Xiao:
.....good job
Aaken:
I will surely take some time out
For now, I still have a LOT to write.
Xiao:
ah???? which means urgent?
Or pushing you?
heheh
Aaken:
But I'm happy about the new additional elements
The drums and the strings just kick ass!
Xiao:
hahah....I'm getting more and more popular now .....someone called me for tennis together just now
Aaken:
yeah good!
Xiao:
But I cannot
They're tennis friends in Beijing
Aaken:
oh.... too bad!
Xiao:
Not bad...it's new friend, he plays very well.....we plan to play together each week...........wow.......
I will have a high level partner to practice with.
Fantastic !
Aaken:
you're going away?
Xiao:
No. I say I will have good partner while I’m back in Beijing
Aaken:
ok
Xiao:
I think you will like playing it
Aaken:
Tennis?
If you re the teacher, then maybe.
But I have no level at all
Xiao:
Doesn't matter, as long as you have a healthy and fexible body, plus perseverance
Aaken:
Ha ha
Xiao:
Why haha???? hum
Level is not important....you can quickly move into it
Aaken:
Yes maybe
Xiao:
Where is your confidence, gentleman?
If you don't have any passion for it....you don't have to learn.
But if you have...I trust you can do it well
Aaken:
Passion for tennis...
I don't know
Xiao:
Imagine it!!!
Aaken:
I went through so many lessons when I was young, but was never really taught properly.
However, that may be different now
Xiao:
That's the key...so forget that past memory
When you forget the wrong old things, and replace them with brand new passion and perseverance, it won’t be difficult for you
Aaken:
yes!
Xiao :
I see how the past failure can be an obstacle in the mind
Aaken:
I actually did play more again when I was in Vienna
And did rather well…
But I played with beginners!!!!
Xiao:
You see? I think you can play it well, because you might have several crucial factors:
1. foot work
Aaken:
I have that.
Xiao:
2. harmonious nerve system
Aaken:
mmm
Aaken:
lol
Xiao:
3. a macro view
Aaken:
Yeah!
Xiao:
When you're moving on the court, the first thing is to keep in a very clear conscience of where you are now
Aaken:
yes
Xiao:
No matter how heavy the pressure your competitor imposes on you.
Then your foot can bring you to the most appropriate spot, and comfortably give it a stroke
Aaken:
I have to practice then
But honestly, I wonder when that will be
Xiao:
Yes... But you must under a good coach's encouragement and direction
When?  it depends on how much you want it.
If you really do, you will certainly arrange the time
Aaken:
One thing at a time
Xiao:
Yup... Priority
If it's always at the bottom of your priority list....then....  yuo don't have to seriously consider it
I don't say you must learn that
Xiao:
I merely think it is a good way....a very good way....but not sure if it’s good for you.
Aaken:
It's more a question of timing
Xiao:
Yup....Sort of
I really hope you will like it...then we can play together
Aaken:
yes
Xiao:
In the sports fields, people are more of themselves......nothing to hide, everything exposed thouroughly.
Coz they have to make decision by their basic instinct.
Aaken:
That's true
Xiao:
No time to hide
Aaken:
But isn't that also a training?
Xiao:
The training can do some help to the skills....but honestly, training is merely to enlarge your traits
So you see each player is still full of personalities
Their performances on the court are so different
Hmmmmm...you've have a  good court to release yourself
Music domain
Aaken:
Yes
Xiao:
Actually...i see music and sports are quite similar
Aaken:
But I play according to my own rules
Xiao:
No problem
Aaken:
Well, rules, or lack of any
I just follow my intuition. I go where it takes me
Xiao:
I tell you what....I never really learn playing tennis from others....all by my own intuition
Aaken:
Really?
Xiao:
… and observation
Aaken:
I tell you what, all that I do in my music, comes from me
I was lousy at the music school
Xiao:
Of course later I watch some famous coach's video, thus I can standardize my skill
Hmmmmm that 's why i feel a kinda wild taste from your music.....very.....alternative
I know i'm a genius in sports....
And I also know yours
But i'm more curious to know how these talents can drive us to be
Aaken:
I learn from contemporary as much as from pop music, tango, Indian raga or a waltz by Strauss
Xiao:
yup...I truly believe that you can
For some people born for something, it's never a mystery
You can just walk through the music kingdom like in your own courtyard.
Aaken:
The difficult thing was to be aware that I had to find the clues myself
Xiao:
I'm so familiar with that sense while writing poems, having sports, or doing something else
The clue is thread which you pull through the audiences.
It is the entrance and trail you guide the audiences wandering in your wonderland
The treasures are there, but need a trail to them
Xiao:
So, how flattering can I be?
But the ultimate flatter is to not flatter at all
Ok my dear....I hope you're happy with al these bullshiting
Aaken:
I am in heaven
lol
Xiao:
Watch your steps
Hahahahaha!!!
Now I'm going to meet mum and dad in the stadium.
We're gonna play badminton this time
Aaken:
wow ! What a family !!!
Xiao:
Take your time and see you around
Bye for now
I MUST RUN!
Hugs...
Aaken:
Kisses to you

No comments:

Post a Comment