Friday 18 October 2019



A BIFF's Official photo during the closing ceremony (me carrying that bag... Inside were my laptop (Bao wanted to talk about his documentary, but for obvious reasons, he found no time for that) and camera... I couldn't find any place where to put it.)

We're all back home now and made it through the political controversy that surrounded - and still surrounds the film in Vietnam, a controversy that reaches summits of sheer absurdity. I can't emphasise enough how to us, it was, is and has always essentially been about creating, telling a story, expressing ourselves and share it with the audience. That the film won the coveted New Current Best Film award should be a reason for Vietnam to rejoice and celebrate, not resent and battle us - or anyone else (the controversy is actually a displaced result of internal feuds within the Department of Film in Vietnam...)

I can't express enough all the love and support I feel for the cast and crew of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment