Wednesday 14 October 2015

As I was trying to find sleep last night, and was slowly lulled by Max Richter's music, I felt a strong longing to see my family. 

Max Richter's eight-hour long concept album Sleep worked more like drug on me. I had no clue where I was and the music transported me to another dimension, between wake and sleep.

And I recalled how music was always being played at home when I was a child. 

This Dinu Lipatti EP is one of the few records that have remained from the time my mother was a young student in Paris. I made sure to bring it with me to Taiwan when I moved. I can still recall how often she would play it on our small turntable. Dinu Lipatti playing Bach. "Jésus que ma joie demeure", as the French translation goes. Highly precious...







No comments:

Post a Comment