Sunday 5 June 2011

Another grand day out

Nicolas is leaving in three days, so I took him to JiuFen. He knew how enthusiastic I had been when I came back from that grand day out with Xiao, and I wanted to share with him.
This stay in Taipei has been extremely fruitful for him, to the point that he has decided to come back and settle for good!


I was slightly apprehensive about his staying at my place, considering our fiery and volcanic past. Whether he changed a lot or made a huge effort to control himself - or maybe simple, I, too, have changed, but having him around was very pleasant. It felt so good to speak French again!!!

Nicolas loved JiuFen. I also took him to Jinguashin, just like we did with Xiao the week before. This time we had more time and climbed up to the remain of a Japanese temple. The view was fantastic and we melted like ice under a scorching sun.

Remains of an old Japanese temple,
on the height of Jinguashin




It was a special moment I really wanted to share with Nicolas. We didn't really have time to go out of Taipei together. I asked whether he wanted some other friends to join but he said no, which turned out to be a good decision. I'll always have the time to come back.
Indeed, I should take some time myself to go breathe a different air, away from the city.
As if all this walking we did wasn't enough, we walked home from Main Station.
We came back home, completely exhausted, but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment